The Nintendo GameCube is a firm popular with fans. This is due to the variety of unique games included on it. Yet, two decades later, it has become more difficult to play these games due to the more modern generation of consoles which do not support older versions. Thanks to the advances in the field of technology, it’s still feasible to play GameCube games not only on your PCs but also on your android devices using an emulator. This article will teach you how to play it.
While there are plenty of emulators out there that are compatible with PCs, only one emulator is able to run on your android devices to enable you to play these games. This emulator is the dolphin emulator, and has been available exclusively for Windows, Linux, and Mac computers for some time but in 2013, there was some good news for Android gamers, since there was a release of Dolphin Emulator for Android. Dolphin emulator was renamed as the preferred choice of gamers who wish to enjoy the great GameCube games on their handheld devices.by link gamecube games iso website
Even though Dolphin Emulator Android is in beta, it’s still accessible on the Google Play Store as a free download. It is important to ensure that the program is legal purchased to use on the Android phone. To play the games, you’ll require either manually downloading the ISO files or download GameCube ISOs. While the dolphin emulator is currently the most popular Android version, there are still some disadvantages. For instance, compatibility issues on certain Android devices, as well as issues and limitations regarding which games can be played with these devices. However, if these problems are not a problem then it’s worth giving it a go, especially if your mobile device is able to freely move about without the need to use the emulator on your computer. Here are the steps for how you can play GameCube games on Android:
Step 1. Download the Dolphin Emulator Android Application From the Google Play Store
- The Google Play Store App on your Android phone;
- Navigate to search and type “dolphin simulator application” in the box. Click on it to install it.
- After the Dolphin Emulator app has been installed launch the app and grant permission to access your device’s storage by tapping the “allow” button in the menu that pops up.
Step 2 2. Download the GameCube Game ISO File and extract it
Each Nintendo GameCube game title out there is available in a compressed processing file format, referred to as the ISO. Since the Android Operating System is built on APK files, it can’t use the ISO file format. The emulator functions as an intermediary between both file formats to ensure they run smoothly.
There are times when the file that you download may not be in ISO format. However, it could be compressed in 7z or RAR formats. In order to utilize the GameCube emulator Android it is necessary to extract the file. To extract files, you’ll require an application. I would recommend 7Zipper. It is also free to download on Google Play Store.
- After you’ve downloaded GameCube the game will be accessible.
- Next, you’ll need to download and install 7Zipper via the Google Play Store.
- Start the 7Zipper application to grant access to your device’s storage.
- Navigate to the folder in which the GameCube ISO file that has been compressed is deleted from the app’s screen.
- Go down the folder until you find 7Zipper and then tap it.
- To start the file extraction process, click on “OK”. (This might take a while).
- The ISO file for your game is now ready for launch. Now you can install the game on Dolphin Emulator to start playing on your Android device.
Step 3: Start the Game
Once the GameCube ISO has been extracted successfully, you’re now ready to integrate it into your Dolphin Emulator app. Once the game has been installed in the emulator, it will allow you to launch, manage saved data, and also manage control settings directly in the emulator.
- Open Dolphin Emulator App on Android Device
- Click the “+” symbol located in the lower-right corner of your screen.
- Browse to the folder that holds the GameCube ISO file.
- Then, tap “Select This Directory” at the bottom, and then return to the main screen.
- Now, you should be able to play the Nintendo GameCube video game that is now available in Dolphin Emulator.
- To play the game, simply tap the game icon and sit;
- The gamepad will be displayed to you as a virtual gamepad completely. You can also connect an Bluetooth controller to play games using physical buttons.
If you’ve played GameCube games on an Android device, please comment and share your experience. Thanks!